April 5th 2009
Our appointment with the renal dietitian was today. It went really well! Some things were eye opening for Rodger. The hardest habit he is going to have to break is the amount of water he drinks. He drinks entirely TOO MUCH! Yes, you read that right, too much! The man was downing 156 ounces a day on average. The dietitian said he should stick with 64 ounces. Too much water makes the kidneys work too hard.
He has to watch his protein intake (which we knew) and we were enlighted as to how much protein is in common items. It was eye opening. There are items that I never would have guessed had protein in them!
Our dietician has PKD herself so she is very well versed in the disease which is very beneficial to us!
wow thats a lot of water nevr knew that there really is a reason to not drink to much. so glad you went to this
ReplyDeleteWOW! That is suprising! TOO MUCH water?! I'm the opposite, I need MORE water and protein (due to the Gastric Bypass), not anything else. SOOOOOOOOOO glad you guys found all this out!
ReplyDelete