Sunday, March 22, 2009

3/19/09




Thursday, March 19, 2009




So, in my childrens ever consistant quest to keep me on my toes, I received a phone call from the school nurse at around 1130am telling me that Kassidy is in her office. Seems that Kassidy has managed to injure herself in a "freak" accident with the necklace she was wearing.




The necklace is a hard wire type choker thing that you pull the two ends apart, place it around your neck and then release the two ends and then the necklace comes together behind your neck and remains hanging around your neck. Apparently Kassidy took it off to show one of her friends and while she was putting it back on, it slipped from her hand and the hard end (with a nice metal ball on it) went RIGHT into her ear and cause bleeding. The nurse called because the bleeding would not stop. *sigh*




I picked Kas up at school and took her to the local acute care center. Lucky for us, she did NOT rupture the ear drum as was feared but rather scratched up the ear canal quite good. She was prescribed antibiotic drops and oral antibiotics to ward off any infection. She had a lot of blood IN the eardrum but that will disapate.




Never a dull moment around here I tell you! No wonder I am always exhausted.







1 comment:

  1. thank goodness it wasn't worse then what it was poor thing

    ReplyDelete