Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Falling behind

Hey all! I know I am falling behind in my blog posting but there is a lot going on in the Z household. That doesn't mean that I won't be posting, just explaining the delay. For those of you that do not know, my husband has a kidney disease called Polycystic Kidney Disease (or PKD for short).

He just recently qualified for being put on the transplant list. His kidneys are only functioning at 19%. This happened a lot earlier than we expected. We always knew that a transplant was on the horizon, but didn't think it would even be a consideration for at least another 10-15 years.

That being said, a lot of my time has been consumed with research on the protocols for the different area transplant hospitals. They all have different prereq's to who they will put on their wait lists, etc. I have also done a lot of research on Living Donor transplants as well. We are blessed to have a few people who are willing to be tested to see if they are compatible to donate to my husband. That is additional research as well, as all of the transplant hospitals also handle Living Donation in different ways. It's mind boggling sometimes.

Bottom line, I've been busy, but will be back to posting pictures just as soon as I can. In the meantime, please keep us in your prayers. The girls are aware of their Dada's disease but they are NOT aware of how poor his health is at the moment. We have decided to wait until the actual transplant is more impending, to talk to them about it. I have at least one daughter that would be throwing up with worry on a daily basis, so I cannot drag that out for her by telling her now, when there is no transplant on the horizon and her Dada "looks" fine. In this case, ignorance is bliss.

Thanks for the prayers and I will return with pictures just as soon as I can!

3 comments:

  1. lots of prayers of course. Your hubby is blessed with having a wife that will go to whatever means to accomplish a good outcome. GO KIMBERLY

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the Disney stuff that you have accumulated, did you NOT procure the magic wand from Fantasia? As good as I am with painting a canvas with words, I am at a loss at this moment (even though you see characters across this space). I wish there was something I could do my dear niece and main munchkin, because I know this has to be challenging for you, but ... I also know that your level of perseverence in the face of ca-ca like this places you in a category of "incredible" ... and someone I'm proud to call family.

    I love you dear heart, and know that my thoughts about this are definitely embraced and enveloped in prayer. Please do keep the updates coming when you find the time.

    Love you and the mini-munchkins much. Please give your hubby a huge hug for me as well.

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the props and words of support from you both. Means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete