Saturday, February 7, 2009

35/365



So, this is the ceiling in my family room! It use to be a two story ceiling, about 20 feet straight up. Just gorgeous, but not productive for a family of five. I got this brilliant idea to ask hubby if he could "build a floor" and we would have a huge area upstairs for the kidlets to hang out with their friends as they get older.

He and his father got the base work all done in about 4 days total! It was truly amazing! The problem lies in the fact that this was all done almost 2 years ago and THIS is what I've been looking at ever since. I love my hubby dearly, I just wish he would complete this eyesore already. It really grinds on me on a daily basis. *sigh*

5 comments:

  1. beautiful work so far. where is that cattle prod anyhow??

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I didn't know you changed up the house! Especially closing in the family room! Does he not see the importance of finishing? :) At least it's built!

    ReplyDelete
  3. apparently it does not bother him much, Jen, because he is not the one that looks at it all day long

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. The high ceiling & overlook into family room was what I loved best about your house, Kimmi. It's weird not to see it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well then it's a good thing you don't live here Suzi because for us it's a lot of wasted space and you could hear every single sound from upstairs as well.

    ReplyDelete